The choice is yours!
We pride ourselves on the quality and variety of breakfast offered and in each year since 2011 we have received a Breakfast Award from Visit Britain. Where possible we serve organic, Fairtrade and/or local Cornish produce. All breakfasts are freshly cooked to order and we are more than happy to accommodate the different dietary requirements many of us have by choice or otherwise, e.g. vegan, coeliac.
Help yourself to your choice of cereals served with organic semi-skimmed milk, chilled fruit juices including a delicious local apple juice from Polgoon, seasonal fresh fruit salad (sourced locally from farms such as Trevaskis when possible) and organic West Country yoghurt from Yeo Valley.
Your breakfast will be served with a choice of hot drinks (we have many fairtrade and organic teas, infusions and hot chocolate from Clipper Teas and freshly-brewed fairtrade filter-coffee from Cornish Coffee) and accompanied by freshly made toast with a choice of butter or low fat spread and a selection of Cornish strawberry jam, organic honey, Whole Earth peanut butter and other family favourites including Nutella and Marmite.
Our breakfast range and their availability reflect the seasons of the year. These are some of the serious choices you may have to make during your stay!
- Responsibly farmed smoked salmon with organic free-range scrambled eggs & cream cheese on a freshly toasted bagel.
- The more traditional meatie – local sausage & bacon from Ian Lentern Butchers; organic mushrooms; organic tomatoes; classic Heinz baked beans and organic free-range eggs (cooked as you like it).
- Veggie option – Linda McCartney vegetarian sausages; organic mushrooms; organic tomatoes; classic Heinz baked beans and organic free-range eggs.
- Mini versions of the meatie and veggie breakfasts are available too, please just let us know.
- Glencree continental – fresh hot croissants served with a choice of: cold meats, local Davidstow cheddar cheese and Cornish Yarg cheese, or butter and jams.
- Summer crunch – nutty and oaty organic granola, served with local organic yoghurt, organic honey and organic banana.
- Winter warmer – steaming bowl of organic porridge served with organic sliced almonds and organic honey.
- Bacon buttie, or a sausage sandwich – say no more!
- On toast – beans , tomatoes, mushrooms or eggs on toast.